Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chiseling away....

It was another busy day as usual... dr appt, helping with food for a funeral, 504 meeting for my son with the principal, laundry, dinner and the 4th ward quilt class.
But first I have to tell you the AWESOmE news.....
....I WON a prize from the Festival of Scrappiness :)   Here is what I won
I was SO shocked to see the email from the ladies that I nearly passed out!  THANK YOU Rachel (Stitched in Color) and Alice (Fresh Modern Fabric)!!!!  I can't wait to make something AWESOME!!!

Now for the regular boring stuff ;D
My 14 year old stayed home from school sick today so I had to banish her to her room so I could work on the bags.  I finished two more.  The last of the striped ones is about 30 minutes away from a finish.  I can't quite bring myself to get it done...well that is not true!  I can't find myself alone long enough to do it.  But here is the progress pictures.

This  messenger bag is for my 20 year old daughter.

I decided to add a tag to the back for hanging the bag

Anna's has an extra pocket aside from the long divided one along the bottom.

Here is a shot from of the back.

Here are two of them all cozy together :)  I had to rip one of the seams on the first one I made to add the tab.
 These bad boys are getting linked up with:
crazymomquilts.blogspot.com
Can I get a Whoop Whoop 


Once the kids were home from school, I started sewing the pieces for the Stars of the Barnyard $29 quilt.
This is the pile of stuff :)

Here are the flying geese "pre- trimmed"

A few flying geese

A pretty stack of all of the centers of the blocks.

This is a quick shot of all of the block centers.
I tried to finish up the the flying geese tonight, but I am TOO tired!  I am off to bed!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You're famous Marion! : ) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the BIG win! I love Metro Living circles. :) Good job on all your finishes this week! Doesn't it feel great?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Melissa and Myra! Your names sound so good together ;) Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW those bags are wonderful !! Congrats on your win too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bags! good job! and congratulations on the winnings! wahoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bags, Marion! I'm so glad you linked up with Whoop Whoop Fridays!! So here's a big whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bag and those farm animals are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***