Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bake a little, quilt a little, bind a little

I woke up super early and headed off to the grocery store to get all of my holiday eats.  I had to make a 1/2 sheet carrot cake and a potato salad.  Check out my cake :)

One of the cake layers

Layer #1 on the board.  I was actually out of 1/2 sheet boards and in NO WAY going back to the store to get one, so I just improvised with cardboard and foil ;D

The beginnings of AWESOME frosting!

Beat me smooth!

Add some powdered sugar.  Watch out for the "POOF"!

Beat till SMOOTH and fluffy!

Plop some goodness on!

Smooth it around

Add layer #2

Frost, frost, frost!

At this point I usually decorate, but I was out of frosting and  time... and enthusiasm!

Just hanging out....
For a switch today I had to force myself to quilt.  The detailed fmq was NO fun so I had to make myself quilt one block at a time in between making caked and potato salad.  I did get the quilt finished about 10 minutes ago.  Here is a sneak peek.  I'll take some better pics tomorrow before I give it to my mom for Easter.

 Nighty, night!

ok, so super cute... my son helping my other son learn to ride his bike...

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***