Wednesday, April 25, 2012

On the first day of my Birthday...

...I got up and ...well, I can't really remember... but I did get on the elliptical and have bowl of Cheerio's, half chocolate and half Dolce de leche.  It was pretty good ;)  Next I bought some clear gloss spray enamel and did something else that I can't remember.  Oh, I picked up my contacts, but not really.  They only ordered me another trial pair, instead of my year supply.  WEIRD!  Anyhoots, I had a 90 minute massage, HEAVEN!!!  I ate chicken nuggets for lunch :p  I need to bake bread tomorrow.
So as for my "do what ever I want because my birthday is coming up,"  I finished cutting out the Retro Flower quilt...
all clumped up...

all in neat piles ;D
 Now here is the million dollar question, what should I do with the AWESOME scraps???
The scraps all piled up.

One scrap all on it's own.
I've got a huge pile of these scraps.  I may do a raw edge applique.  Who knows!
Next I had to sew up one of the petals to make sure that it would work :)
Isn't is cute?  I REALLY like the grey.  It is symbolic to me and I'll share why another day when it's not 11pm and my sheets are still not on my bed because I forgot to put them in the dryer :(
I followed the suggestion for the qal and pinned as many pieces as I had pins for.  It is 37 ;)

I will chain piece these tomorrow, then pin some more and then chain piece, then pin, piece, pin piece.... until all 240 are done :)  This quilt is going to take me a WHILE :)  Oh goodie, another challenge to my adhd!  (I really don't have adhd, I am just a little bonkers) :D

PS- I am linking this post up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict WHOOP WhOOP!!
and Crazy Mom Quilts finish it up Friday!!!

14 comments:

  1. Like the fabric and the grey is perfect as the background.

    You are right, the scraps could morph into an interesting design for a quilt..just let your mind go....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I think I might be getting too excited about the scrap quilt possibilities.... ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the grey with the flower blocks too! Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blocks you're making. Those fabrics are cute! Those are fun scraps. I'm sure you'll think of something. If not...I can send you my address (*wink*)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, P! I'll keep you in mind if I can't think of anything to do with the scraps... THEY ARE SO CUTE!! ;D

      Delete
  4. well done. I've gotten as far as deciding not to use kona snow as the solid fabric! I think the grey looks great. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Moira! This quilt is quite a bit more work than I thought it would be. Choosing the background was REALLY hard! ;D

      Delete
  5. So... with the 4-sided curved piece I would just applique it on white background and make a quilt like that. I think it would be a really nice pattern, maybe even without sashing? It would give you a secondary pattern. Just a thought! PS: Didn't read the others' comments before I did mine so if anyone had the same idea before, than sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kati! That is what I was thinking. I was even thinking raw edge applique. What do you think?

      Delete
  6. This is going to be an exciting quilt! One to take time on and enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That is excellent advice. I am going to do my best to take it :D

      Delete
  7. Very pretty - and I like the choice of the coal grey for the background!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you, Sarah! I love to get hose whoop whoops!! ;)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***