Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Madness

I really needed to do house work today, but it just didn't happen... poor house :(  I slept in until about 7:30, I really needed it.  I had a PT appointment and then I needed to arrange the quilt blocks for a quilt we are making for our church leader who has terminal cancer.  A few weeks ago I suggested that we ask the women in our area (LDS stake) to donate a 9 1/2 inch quilt block to make him a quilt.  We asked for pieced, appliqued or embroidered quilt blocks.  The colors we asked for were white and any shade of blue.  The ladies had two weeks to get them to me.  We got some really beautiful stuff!  Here are a few shots...


The theme is "Sea and Sky."  I am so excited to get this all together for him.  My friend, Annette, went to Gracie Lou's to pick out the sashing, borders, binding and backing.    Here is what we came up with...
The stripe is going to be the back.  It is a woven cotton and is SUPER soft!  The navy with white dots is going to be the sashing.  The navy tone on tone with air planes is for the outer border and the gingham is for the binding, on the bias, of course :)

I also bought fabric to make the BEST kindergarten teacher EVER a quilt...
She picked it out herself and it is going to be PRETTY!  I think I may do the diamond quilt pattern that came with the orange and pink fabrics that I used for the Retro Flower quilt.  I really am SO sad to have run out of kindergartners :(

Lastly, tonight it was sheering time for the little sheepies in my family.  I cut/sheered the boys, all of them, hubby too.  My 17 year old, who graduates tomorrow, asked for a hair cut too.  Here is what her hair looked like first (pic from prom a few weeks ago)...
Now it looks like this...



This is dirty, unstyled, but you should get the gist.    It's a chunky bob.  She said that she was glad that I was brave and did a good job :)  It's exactly what she was thinking :D  Yipee!!!
Now, when I was downloading my camera pics, there were a few goodies that I did not take.  I am guessing that my 6 year old got a hold of my camera :)




1 comment:

  1. That quilt is going to be wonderful! Besides being pleasant to look at, it will be so meaningful, knowing that it was made by so many loving hands. Good going Marion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***