Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Operation Wood Hollow Top FINISHED :)

While we were out taking pictures of the quilt top for Julie's Operation Wood Hollow, there were flecks of ash floating in the air :(  There is smoke all over :(  I couldn't get a picture of the ash, but I did capture the smoke.  First the quilt :)



Usually these mountains are very clear in the distance.  This smoke is from the Wood Hollow fire.



 I was going to get this basted tonight, but I am too tired.  You can read more about the quilt fabric and pattern HERE.

PS- I have good news, I have received 10 quilts for Julie's Operation Wood Hollow so far.  I know of one more top and one more completed quilt coming for sure, plus mine.  I'll check with Morganson's Stitches and Sew Forth to see if they have collected any quilts too.  Aren't quilters wonderful?

Please keep the quilts coming :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely quilt! I have lots of friends in Colorado Springs, and my facebook feed is filled with terrible, terrible pictures of the fire there. Here's hoping that both areas get the break that they need, and soon. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***