Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WIP Wednesday... Dad's Civil War Quilt

HAPPY WEDNESDAY quilty friends :)  I am actually writing this Tuesday night.  It's not too late, but I am a little more pooped out than usual.... I hope I am not getting sick :p  I am pretty sure that 90% of my posts are written when I am tired, at the end of the day, right before bed. Tonight is no different. ;)  I am ever so sorry for the increased amount of typo's that come with my exhausted mind ;)

Just a few up-dates:
My Relay for Life Quilt at last check was going for $234 dollars with a day to go :)  I am pretty happy about that!

And I WON another drawing :)  I won the ez Dresden ruler from Lee over at Freshly Pieced :)  How cool is that???  THANK YOU, LEE!!!

Now for the quilting stuff :)  I have finished a lot on my dad's birthday quilt.  All of the blocks are FINISHED!!!  The background is Cheddar by Moda.  It is exactly the color of cheddar cheese :)





Yee Haw!  Now, I am trying to figure out the sashing and borders.  April gave me THIS idea, and I am pretty sure I am going to go for it :)  THANK YOU, APRIL!  I'm not going to do the quilt on point, but I do love the flying geese on the sashing ends.  It will be the perfect little accent in the quilt.  Here is what my mock up looks like :)



I am hoping to get my sashing all sewed and the top finished tomorrow(Wednesday) :)  As always, we shall see :)

I can no longer keep my eyes open....

I am linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. Your stars look so nice.Yellow backgrond make it shine.I pretty sure your dad will love it.
    Looking forward to see the next step. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I am really excited to give it to him :)

      Delete
  2. I love civil war fabrics and civil war quilts and yours is no exception. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa! I really appreciate your stopping by :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***