Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day #2...More Sewing :)

It's my bff Jill's birthday Wednesday so I thought I'd try my hand at some epp (English paper piecing).  I am copying a pin cushion I saw on someones blog during the Hexy Festival thing-ie.  For the life of me, I can't remember who's blog it was :(  Just know that I am giving credit to someone else for the COOL idea!! :)  THANK YOU!! :)
*** I found the blog :)  It's from Jeni over at In Color Order blogged HERE****


I am not sure I like making hexies...

The back of the hexies look HORRIBLE!  My stitches were not very pretty :(  I forgot to take a picture of the mess :p  Good thing the mess if all on the inside :)

Happy Birthday, Jill!!! :)

Next came the sewing of the binding for the Top Secret Quilt :)


I went scrappy :)


Scrappy makes me happy!

Swinging in the trees.

My daughters name.

The year.


The Back

The Quilting.

The End ;D


PS-  I stayed in my pj's until 1pm ;) ...and I didn't clean the house until 4pm :O





3 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics in the pincushion. i admire EPP from afar, but don't want to try it--my hand stitching is terrible, so I can just imagine what my backs would look like! I'll stick with my machine and just enjoy seeing others' EPP projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I be your bff and get a present like this for my bday? :))) I promise I will not care what the back looks like;) Seriously... it looks awesome! Hexies are fun to make, you just have to get in the groove! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot... the surprise quilt looksgreat already from the back and edges :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***