Saturday, December 8, 2012

Baby HST Chevron Quilt

Our friends had a sweet little baby boy a few months ago,
and doesn't every baby need a darling quilt.


I have been hoarding this cute little stack of fabric since the beginning of the year.
The fabric came in the Fat Quarter Grab Bag I bought back in February.  Blogged about HERE.


I was thinking that it might be perfect for the baby my sister is expecting, but she is having a GIRL!!! :)


I also have been wanting to make a chevron quilt out of half square triangles :)
Here is a mini tutorial of how I did it :)


I used THIS method to make the half square triangles.


I used 5.5" blocks to make my hst's.


Two 5.5" blocks make four 3.5" hst's.


For this quilt I used 12 green 5.5" squares,
18 blue 5.5" squares,
7 white 5.5" squares,
37 assorted coordinating print 5.5" squares,
and four white 2.5" by wof strips.



Arrange your hst's in a 12x12 arrangement that make the chevron pattern.


I chose to sew each row one by one.
Then pressed the seams of each row in opposite directions.


...then I sewed the rows together... pressed and added the white border :)
Simple Simon!


The back is grey minky for extra cuddly softness :)

I bound it with charcoal grey that matches the minky.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love how you made the top and bottom chevrons with white, so the border gets all chevron-y too. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minky on the back was a great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***