Sunday, December 16, 2012

Samantha Bag

My friend Annette (non-sewing Annette) asked me to make a new scripture bag for her daughter Samantha for Christmas.


She showed me a picture of one she liked, told me pink was her favorite color and then let me loose on the project.


I stewed and stewed over a design until early Friday morning (3 am to be exact).


I laid in bed with the design going around and around in my head.


At 6 am, I gave in and got up and got to work.


I used to make bags years ago, so this a modified version of one of those bags.


I have an order for one more, so I will take pictures and post a tutorial in a few days.


The exterior fabric is Happy Tones by Michael Miller.
Emily gave me a layer cake of the fabric :)  Happy Tones hits the stores in January.


The AWESOME flamingo interior fabric is from Emily's Going Coastal line.

Linking up with Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts :)

5 comments:

  1. Love this bag! I'm sure Samantha will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bag. Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo what a cute bag - very professional looking, how clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's going to love taking that one to church! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great bag -super colours! Well done! Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***