Sunday, February 17, 2013

The BEST Sugar Cookies EVER!!!

This is my aunts recipe that our family LOVES!!!  I thought I'd share for fun ;)

Shortbread Sugar Cookies     by Sharon Nelson
Add in order:
1 lb. butter
1-1/2 C sugar
Cream well, then add:
4 egg yolks
2 t vanilla
4 to 4-1/2 C flour
Refrigerate 2 hours, roll out and bake 350F for 13 minutes. 
***I am lazy and press the dough right into a large cookie sheet (1/2 sheet pan) and then bake them in bar form. Once baked, let cool on a cooling rack. Cut into bars before they cool, then FROST!!

Yummy Frosting


1 C butter
1 C shortening
Beat the tar out of it! Add 1 pound of powdered sugar. Add 1-2 t vanilla. Beat and beat. Add 1-2 T of cold milk, if needed. BEATING IT AND BEATING IT is the secret to super creamy light frosting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***