Thursday, February 21, 2013

Triple Zipperd Pouch

A while back I saw THIS tutorial on A Quilter's Table.  If you have been following me for long enough, you know that I have a thing for zippered pouches.


Debbie's tutorial was really clear and easy to follow!  My brain wouldn't understand the last little bit of instructions, so I just modified.  It is very frustrating that my head is so slow sometimes :\


I ended up using a method that I usually use to finish off a zippered pouch.  It worked like a charm ;)
THIS tutorial (step #4) shows very well how I finished the pouch. 
(BE SURE THE MAIN ZIPPER IS OPEN for this part)
On one side of the main zipper, I had the large interior lining(wrong side out), on the other side, I had the exterior and all of the zippers(wrong side out).  I left a 2-3" opening at the bottom side of one side of the lining so I could flip the bag right side out through it.


I didn't have any fusible fleece, so I used heavy fusible pellon, like I normally do.


I used the pellon for the lining pieces, but will not do that the next time I make this bag.


I also trimmed the largest lining piece down to 12" from the 12.5" called for.  Next time, I will likely leave the lining piece the same and increase the main exterior fabric by a 1/2 inch instead to 13".


I am SO excited to use this little beauty on my much needed quilt retreat weekend!


Cabin Fever, HERE I COME!!!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Have fun at the retreat, wish I could go to one of those !
    Esther F.
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I am seeing these triple zippered pouches a lot lately around the net. I guess I should plan on making one too. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Triple-Zip turned out just darling! So glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***