Monday, January 12, 2015

#BFTPqal Week 2

Welcome to week 2 of The Blocks From the Past Quilt Along!

(If you would like to post this button to your blog, feel free to use this graphic and here is the link address to use with it- http://myquiltdiet.blogspot.com/2015/01/blocks-from-past-qal.html)


Did you get your book yet?  I am loving mine :)

This weeks official post is over at Natalie's blog  natalie-ever-after.blogspot.com. (more HERE)

She will be sharing hints and tips about fabric selection and the yardage requirements.

I have decided to use all of my colorful solid scraps for this project. They are all of the colors from the rainbow. I have also decided to use various shades of grey for the background. (I AM SUPER EXCITED)



My official blog posts come later, but each Monday, I will share my progress :)


I have decided on my layout.  I am going to do things a little differently than the book suggest.  I am going to enlarge 3 of the applique blocks to 18" and 7 more the of applique blocks to 12".  The rest of the blocks will remain 6".  I do have to add 3 more 6" blocks, which I am excited about :)

Barbie, over at thequiltingmill.blogspot.com also has different plans for her layout. She is making hers into a medallion. It is going to be AMAZING!!!

Here are the blocks that I have completed this week.

 Carrie Nation

Duck and Ducklings

Eagle







Happy Quilting!!!


Click HERE to go back to the Schedule Post. Be sure to tag your progress on Instagram with #BFTPqal.  You can also join our Flickr group HERE.

And for extra fun, be sure to link up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***