Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunday Book Review

I really enjoy getting away for a vacation, but I REALLY like getting back home and life. ...I must be getting old 😁.

This week I finished five more books from my (ever growing) list!  Thank you, friends for adding great suggestions!


First up this week is A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. BRILLIANT!  You have to go read this book right now, seriously!  Funny, hilarious really, heart warming and so worth every second!  Every person I talk to in the next while will be recommended this book. AMAZING. TWO (giant) 👍👍.


 I also really enjoyed Cinder by Marissa Meyer. This was a fun twist on the tale of our beloved Cinderella. Very enjoyable with an exciting plot. Two 👍👍.


 The Lake House by Kate Morton is a good old fashioned mystery driven by strong, smart women. Twists and turns and of course intrigues! 👍👍



Death Comes to Pemberley by PD James was pretty good. I liked seeing my favorite characters after Pride & Prejudice. The book was well written and the story good. ...I just liked the movie more...😁. I give the book one and a half 👍. 


Yesterday I finished Still Alice by Lisa Genova. This book made me sad and reflective. It was so sad to see her watch and be aware as she lost her mind and herself. I felt so badly for her and her family. Genova did a beautiful job writing this book. 👍👍

What are you reading?

#readingisFUNdamental #goodreadschallenge #100booksin2016 #55of100 #sundaybookreview

3 comments:

  1. I am reading a book by Clair Poulson, called Silent Sting. It is a novel of suspense. I haven't finished reading it yet. I love his books, as I love mys tries and suspenses stories. I also have a book on Decadent Deceit from Annie's Mysteries, that also includes things like handiwork and quilting. Glad to see that you enjoy reading also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Safe Passage by Ida Cook. It is a true memoir about two ordinary English sisters who love opera. They save money to go to New York to hear opera. That is just the beginning. Before WWII breaks out, they save 29 complete families by getting them out of Hitler's regime. This ends up being well over 100 people. The worst thing I can say about the book is that it ended. I could read this type of writing for hours more. I learned so much about WWII from this book than I ever learned in a history class. It was so clean, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very muchJogos 2019
    friv free online Games
    free online friv Games

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***