Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Fibs & Fables Clam Bake

 


This Clam Bake pattern (by the talented Emily Herrick) has been on my "to make" list from the very beginning of my quilting journey. 

 

I have always loved the classic design of the clam shells. 

 

Emily's method and shell size was exactly what I was looking for!

 

It was also perfect for highlighting the fabrics in Anna Maria Horner's Fibs and Fables fabric collection. 

 

Of course I had to throw in some Heavy Metal gold fabric (By JACK!E) to give the quilt the bling I love so much!

 

For the quilting, I went with several different quilting motifs. 

 

I find it challenging to fill spaces with the perfect quilting. 

 

I seek inspiration from all over quilting-dom πŸ€“

 

I am so happy with how this quilt turned out. 

 

Funny story. 

 

When my mom saw this quilt she told me it was a "work of art" and needed to be hung up. 

(Isn't she sweet? ...wait for it)

 

I told her that I had no wall space in my home. 

 

She immediately began to search my home for a wall. 

 

Suddenly she stopped and said, "I know the perfect spot!"

 

"Where?"  I said, assuming she had discovered some previously undiscovered wall. 

 

"In Grandmother's bedroom!" She replied. 

 

I then reminded her, "Grandmother's bedroom is in YOUR house!"

 

My mother smiled and said, "Well, yes..." πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

 

Sneaky broad!

 

My sweet angel mother did spring for the perfect backing for me. 😍😍😘😘

Helios in Incense

I LOVE it!!  Thanks, Mom!

 

Isn't quilting the best hobby EVER?!

 

(How about that Riley Blake gold stripe binding? 😍😍😎)

 



7 comments:

  1. Wow, your clamshell is sensational, so engaging, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mom totally cracked me up!!! so - is it on Grandmother's bedroom wall?? :-)
    (beautiful quilt and gorgeous quilting!)
    still chuckling ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sneaky or not - your Mum loves it!!! Great quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous! I aspire to get that good one day

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of your photos popped up in my Pinterest feed today and I fell in love with it. I, too, have been wanting to make a Clam Shell quilt but haven't mustered up the courage to do so. Your quilt is just lovely with all those fabrics and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I decided to take that journey and make my first Clam Shell Quilt with the vintage Asian print fabrics that I luckily found on marketplace this past week. I thought the 8" Clam Shell would be a good choice, than saw your quilt. Can you share as to the size template you selected?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***